Kwun Tong Government Secondary School
Application for S1 Discretionary Places 2020-2021
Notes to Applicants
Number of discretionary places
In 2020-2021, the number of S1 discretionary places available for application is 54.
- Application Form is available in our school General Office or can be downloaded from our school web page
- Application period: 2 January 2020 – 16 January 2020
(Monday–Friday 9:00a.m. – 5:00p.m.)
- The duly completed application form should be returned to our school General Office on or before 5:00 p.m. on 16 January, 2020 (Thursday) together with the following documents:
a. Photocopies of school reports for P.5 and P.6 (First Term) ;
b. Photocopies of relevant certificates, awards and/or proof of extra-curricular activities; and
c. A self-addressed and stamped envelope
- Recommendation letters from primary schools are not required.
- The original copy of student’s identity card must be presented for verification when submitting the documents
- Application form must be submitted in person. An acknowledgement recipe will be issued immediately.
Interview will be carried out during early to mid March. A written notification will be sent to applicants about the interview arrangement.
A. Selection Criteria for Interview
|1. Academic Results
|3. Extra-curricular Activities
|4. Social Service
|5. Special Talents
B. Interview Format
5-6 students in one group
Part 1：using Cantonese to discuss an assigned theme
Part 2：using English to describe a picture
C. Content of the interview
|♦Personal life and family
D. Assessment Criteria of the Interview
|1. Comprehension in Cantonese and English
|2. Communication skills
|3. Creativity and analytical thinking
Overall Admission Criteria
Release of results
- The school will notify parents of successful applicants of their children’s inclusion in the successful lists for Discretionary Places by mail and phone by 31 March 2020 (Tuesday).
- Allocation results for Discretionary Places and Central Allocation will be released on 7 July 2020.